Activities Hot Spring Tours Valleys and Waterfalls
Mývatn, Goðafoss, Dettifoss, Selfoss, & Nature baths
Lake Mývatn and the surroundings is a must see while exploring the north!
First we drive along the coast of Eyjafjordur. We begin by stopping at Goðafoss waterfall on our way to Lake Mývatn. The lake was created by a large basaltic lava eruption 2300 years ago, and the surrounding landscape is dominated by volcanic landforms, including lava pillars and rootless vents. We stop in Skútustaðagígar (pseudo craters) on the way to the unique lava formations of Dimmuborgir which are among the most popular tourist attractions in the Mývatn area. We also go to Grjótagjá Rift, an old natural bathing spot filled with naturally heated water coming out of a rift.
we stop also at Dettifoss (Europe´s most powerful waterfall) Selfoss waterfall and Hverarönd in Námaskarð (hot spring area)
Nature Baths: where you get the chance to bathe in the geothermal water. After the stop in the nature baths we drive back to Akureyri. Our last stop is in Eyjafjordur where you can see over the fjord to Akureyri.
We limit the group size to be able to give you a better and a more personal experience.
• Goðafoss waterfall (The waterfall of the gods)
• Skútustaðagígar pseudo craters (formed in volcanic activity)
• Dimmuborgir (Dark castle) unbelievable lava formations in all shapes and sizes. Not to miss while in Iceland!
• Grjótagjá Rift, an old natural bathing spot filled with naturally heated water coming out of a rift
• Dettifoss (Europe´s most powerful waterfall)
• Selfoss waterfall
• Hverarönd in Námaskarð (hot spring area)
• The Nature baths of Mývatn, the blue lagoon of the North. Stop for ca. 1.5 hours to enjoy the bathing (entrance fee not included, bring swimsuits and towels)
Small group – Transportation and Guide, Pick up upon a request
Swimsuits and a towel. If you don’t have swimsuits it can be borrowed
Hof culture house – Strandgata 12, Akureyri Iceland departure 09:00
- Very Easy
- 9 hours
- Price From:
- 21.900 ISK