Reykjanes Peninsula – Private Tour
Incredible aspects of bird’s life & Iceland’s volcanic landscapes with cliffs, volcanoes, lava fields, hot springs & craters of various kinds… Stop at Kleifarvatn, Seltún, Grænavatn, Stóra & Litla Eldborg, Krisuvikurberg, Gunnuhver, Valahnukar, ...
Incredible aspects of bird’s life & Iceland’s volcanic landscapes with cliffs, volcanoes, lava fields, hot springs & craters of various kinds…
Enjoy a memorable experience with this Private Tour by Super Jeep. The car is just for your group (from 1 to 6 persons)
Highlights of the Tour
- Kleifarvatn – A magic lake and its barren shores.
- Seltún – A spectacular geothermal area
- Grænavatn – Breathtaking lake and surroundings
- Stóra and Litla Eldborg – Two natural shaped craters
- Krisuvikurberg – The shelter of many birds species
- Gunnuhver – The largest geothermal field of the peninsula
- Valahnukar – The perfect evidence of volcanic activity
- Leifur Eiríksson Bridge – The bridge between Continents
- Sog – The colorful gorge
- and a surprise… – Because we love surprise 🙂 And you ?
Complimentary pick up and drop off, round trip transportation, professional guidance, hot drinks and wifi on board
The largest and deepest lake in this part of Iceland. The lake sits on a highly active volcanic fissure zone. The lake is surrounded by black sand shores and volcanic mountains. After the series of earthquakes in 2000, the lake began to disappear into a large fissure created by one of the earthquakes : an enigmatic phenomenon… Summer houses that were once mere steps from waterfront are now more than a kilometer away from the water’s edge. The placid waters have dropped more than four meters during the following year. In their place is a barren lake bed speckled with sulphur-rimmed thermal springs that spit boiling water and mud.
No pick-up place selected.
If you change your mind or to have information about the meeting point, please contact us with your booking reference at [email protected]
A magic lake and its barren shores
- Very Easy
- 12 hours
- Price From:
- 150.000 ISK