Activities Lava Tours
The Lava Tunnel
On this excellent brand new tour, we visit the lava tunnel Raufarhólshellir located only 30 minutes from Reykjavík.
On this excellent brand new tour, we visit the lava tunnel Raufarhólshellir located only 30 minutes from Reykjavík. We will witness the inner workings of a volcanic eruption while we walk in the path of a lava that flowed thousands of years ago. The lava tunnel is one of the biggest in Iceland and gets up to 30 metres wide and 10 metres high. The lava tube ceiling has caved in near the entrance, which creates beautiful columns of light. The fantastic range of colours of the tunnel wall is caused by the different mineral types of the rock. This is a tour for the senses. Experience a new world, hear the talk of the cave and sense the forces of nature like you have never done before. Learn new things and step out of your comfort zone. Scenes from the Hollywood movie Noah, with Anthony Hopkins, were shot in this cave. Challenge your senses!
- Bus Fare
- Free Wi-Fi
- 1 Hour Guided Caving Tour
- Protective helmets with Flashlights
- Remember to dress according to weather
- Warm clothes, waterproof jacket, and sturdy shoes are recommended
- We recommend bringing thermal layers, a winter hat, scarf, gloves, and wearing warm socks for colder days
- 3 hours
- Price From:
- 9.999 ISK