The Golden Circle
In a Rental Car
The Golden Circle is the classic Icelandic day trip, which includes the erupting hot spring Strokkur at Geysir geothermal area, the magnificent waterfall Gullfoss and historic national park Þingvellir.
The Golden Circle is the classic Icelandic day trip, which includes the erupting hot spring Strokkur at Geysir geothermal area, the magnificent waterfall Gullfoss and historic national park Þingvellir. With the aid of Enterprise car rental, you can drive the Golden Circle at your own pace with a pre-programmed GPS navigation system.
You have the freedom to explore at your own pace. We can recommend various additional stops on the way for example:
– The wonderful Laugarvatn Fontana Wellness where you relax in various hot tubs and steam baths naturally heated by Icelandic hot springs.
– Faxi waterfall which is often filled with salmon during the summer.
– Kerið, a volcanic crater lake.
– Vígðalaug – the 'Blessed Pool'.
– Friðheimar greenhouse cultivation centre is one of Iceland’s biggest greenhouses. You are able to learn about the magic behind growing delicious, pesticide-free tomatoes with the aid of geothermal heat which Iceland has in abundance and have a meal in the greenhouse.
Your convenience and comfort is ensured by offering the choice of three types of cars, depending on your preferences. The cars are outfitted with all the necessary safety gear, with Icelandic winter weather in mind – included is also information about the places you will see.
Available car types:
- Small – Toyota Yaris or similar
- Medium – VW Golf or similar
- SUV – Kia Sportage or similar
What you can see along the way (weather permitting):
Volcanoes: Hekla, Eyjafjallajökull, Westman Islands, Hengilsvæðið.
Glaciers: Langjökull, Eyjafjallajökull, Tindfjallajökull, Mýrdalsjökull, and several glacier snouts.
Waterfalls: Gullfoss, Öxi, Faxi.
Lakes: Þingvallavatn, Laugarvatn, Apavatn.
Geysers and hot springs: Geysir, Strokkur, Smiður og Litli Strokkur.
Heaths: Mosfellsheiði, Lyngdalsheiði, Haukadalsheiði, fertile farmland and mossy lava fields.
Coastlines: Kambabrún, view towards south coast in several places, Westman Islands.
Mountains & Mountain ridge: Esja, Hengill, Vífilfell, Bláfjöll, Ingólfsfjall, Bláfell, Skjaldbreiður, Jarlhettur.
- Car rental for 24 hours
- GPS navigation system
- Pick up is operated by Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Warm clothes, waterproof jacket and sturdy shoes are recommended (Bring winter hat, scarf, mittens/gloves and warm socks for colder days).
Camera or a mobile phone with a camera.
Departure from BSÍ Bus Terminal, Reykjavik
- Very Easy
- 8 klukkustundir
- Price From:
- 14.999 ISK