Activities Glacier Tours Hiking Tours Outdoor Tours
Take a Walk on the Ice Side
A Glacier Tour
Take a trip of the majestic South Shore of Iceland, experience beautiful waterfalls and the highlight of the tour a hike on Sólheimajökull glacier.
Within a little less than two hours drive from Reykjavík is Eyjafjallajökull glacier, and just a little further the Sólheimajökull glacier tongue extends down from Mýrdalsjökull, Iceland´s fourth largest glacier.
A glacier hike is a great way to experience Icelandic nature. We take an easy glacier walk on crampons up on to the ice field where a wonderland of ice sculptures, ridges and deep crevasses awaits discovery. During the hike you learn more about these disappearing giants.
We will provide and teach you how to use basic glacier equipment for this tour.
On the way back we make two stops, at the striking waterfalls Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss.
Tour duration: 09:00 -19:00
- Bus Fare
- Free Wi-Fi
- Professional Local Guidance
- 2 – 2.5 hours guided glacier hike
- Ice hiking gear & safety equipment
- Vehicle cleaned with Vectorfog – 100% Natural multi-surface disinfectant.
Skógafoss is an iconic Icelandic waterfall, it is the starting point of the Fimmvörðuháls hiking trail over into Þórsmörk. The waterfall was also used in filming Thor: The Dark World and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
- Remember to dress according to weather
- Warm clothes, waterproof jacket, and sturdy shoes are recommended
- We recommend bringing thermal layers, a winter hat, scarf, gloves, and wearing warm socks for colder days
- Very Easy
- 11 klukkustundir
- Price From:
- 19.999 ISK