Activities Glacier Tours Hiking Tours Outdoor Tours Valleys and Waterfalls
South Iceland & Glacier Hike Adventure
Taking a drive down the South Coast of Iceland, this tour includes a glacier hike on Sólheimajökull glacier, as well as stops at Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls.
This tour takes you to south Iceland travelling through lush farmlands with views of powerful volcanoes and glaciers, black sand beaches, and thundering waterfalls.
First in a series of natural landmarks is Skógafoss waterfall, arguably the country‘s most iconic waterfall and one of south Iceland‘s star attraction. Viking legends tell of a treasure buried in a cave behind the waterfall.
From Skógafoss you travel east to Sólheimajökull glacier for a 1 hour walk in a spellbinding glacier landscape. Combination of expansive views, jagged peaks, cool blue glaciers, and wide-open sky provide a steady stream of amazing photographic opportunities.
Heading back to Reykjavik your last but by no means the last is the iconic Seljalandsfoss waterfall where you can literally walk behind a curtain of water which is certainly a moment you’ll want to capture on camera.
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off for hotels and guest houses in Reykjavik
- Round-trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- One hour glacier walking tour on Sólheimajökull glacier
- Certified glacier guides
- Specialized glacier gear (climbing harness, glacier crampons, helmet and other safety equipment)
- Free WiFi on board tour bus
Encounter the Land of Fire and Ice.
Walk behind Seljalandsfoss waterfall and hike on Sólheimajökull glacier. Experience the rainbows at Skógafoss waterfall.
On a clear day expect to see views of famous volcanoes and glaciers,
Hekla and Eyjafjallajökull.
Due to weather we may alter the itinerary. Minimum age is 10 years.
- You can also opt for renting sturdy hiking shoes, waterproof jacket, and pants as an extra with this tour (please select from "Optional extras" on the booking panel)
- Bring with you warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, head wear and gloves, and proper hiking boots
- We recommend bringing a packed lunch
If you will not be making use of the complimentary pick-up service, please check in at the Gray Line Bus Terminal in Klettagarðar 4 at least 15 minutes prior to departure.
- 10 klukkustundir