Activities Hot Spring Tours Northern Lights Tours Outdoor Tours
Northern Lights and Hot Baths
A double combo experience
Nothing compares to revitalising body and soul than by bathing in the geothermal baths at Laugarvatn Fontana and northern lights hunt.
Nothing compares to revitalising body and soul than by bathing in the geothermal baths at Laugarvatn Fontana.
We drive through the beautiful UNESCO site Þingvellir National Park on our way to Laugarvatn Fontana, you will have the option to choose if you would like to pay on the spot or not for either the local style dinner buffet or soup & bread.
Fontana has three steam rooms built over a natural hot spring and a traditional sauna along with four different hot pools. Those more adventurous, can take a dip in Laugarvatn lake (when available) and cool down between the steam baths and sauna.
The steam temperatures range between 40°C and 50°C (104°F and 122°F), depending on the temperature of the hot springs and the weather. The steam rooms create a unique experience since you can smell the hot water boiling underneath the grids in the floor.
The traditional sauna has a lower humidity than the steam rooms, but the temperature is higher or between 80°C and 90°C (176°F and 194°F).
The three connected outdoor mineral baths vary in depth, size and temperature. It is perfect to relax and socialise. From the hot tub, you can see a panoramic view of the countryside around Fontana and the northern lights if you are lucky and they show up early.
Sóley Organics shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner is available for all in the changing rooms.
En route back to Reykjavík, we go on a northern lights hunt but since they‘re a natural phenomenon, sightings are not guaranteed.
Tour duration: 18:00 – 00:30.
- Bus fare
- Professional local tour guide
- Admission to the Laugarvatn Fontana
- Free Wi-Fi
- This tour depends on weather and sightings are not guaranteed.
- Remember to bring a swimsuit and a towel. These items can also be rented on the spot.
- Remember to dress according to weather. Warm clothes, waterproof jacket and sturdy shoes are recommended (Bring winter hat, scarf, mittens/gloves and warm socks for colder days).
- Indicated return times can vary.
- Camera or a mobile phone with a camera.
- If you don't see any lights on the tour we will offer you to join our RE62 Northern Lights Tour for free by contacting our customer service.
- (Bring or buy snacks and drinks).
- Very Easy
- 7 hours
- Price From:
- 11.999 ISK