Activities Exhibitions Hot Spring Tours Museums Valleys and Waterfalls
Diamond Circle Adventure
From 3 to 6 days
Experience the nature pearls of northeastern Iceland. And much more!
This circle is usually available in four of the six seasons that is early summer, high summer, autumn hues and early winter, depending on the weather and road condition at any time. In the other seasons – high winter and spring – this tour may keep the shape of a circle or the final program may vary, due to road conditions and other circumstances.
The core of the tour consists of 3 days in the actual Diamond Circle, which includes Húsavík, Jökulsárgljúfur and its waterfall and canyons, the whole Mývatn area and Goðafoss. Anyway, the adventure can be extended further east, further west and even down to the gate and deep into the wild highlands to experience all the beauty of the North.
Meeting point is Húsavík, but with option of pickup in Akureyri (airport or another agreed place). This package is also available with domestic flight and with extra nights or extra days.
– Pick up and drop off at agreed points
– Transportation and fuel for the duration of the tour
– Private guide for the duration of the tour
– number of overnight stay in hotel with breakfast (double room accommodation) for the duration of the tour
– number of dinners for the duration of the tour
– lunch packages for days 2 and 8
– entrance to Mývatn Nature Baths and GeoSea
– entrance to Húsavík Whale Museum and Sigurgeir's Bird Museum
– one activity depending on seasons and preference Please, find some ideas below (but that is to be discussed and agreed with the travellers):
— whale watching: May to September
— horseback riding: October, November and April
— showshoeing: December to March
— northern lights evening tour: October to March
Not included: international flights, domestic transports to/from agreed pick up and drop off point, drinks, anything else not specified above.
After meeting with the guide, on this day we visit Goðafoss and then head to Grenjaðarstaður, which is an ancient farm, church site and place depicting Icelandic culture from earlier times (in a turf house). The river Laxá flows from Lake Mývatn through the valleys of Laxárdalur and Aðaldalur to Skjálfandi Bay were Húsavík is located. During this part, we will explore farmland and get a bit to know about culture and folklore. We head then to Húsavík. Sea tours (whale watching) are available almost all year round. We explore the town, visit museums and enjoy local food. In late afternoon is time to check-in at a hotel in Húsavík. Overnight in Húsavík.
– Your camera
– Adequately warm clothes and shoes or boots (also depending on the seasons)
- 3 days
- Price From:
- 199.000 ISK